Friday, December 9, 2016

Week 49 - Light the World!!

It's December, and I'm so happy because Christmas is coming! :)  

This time of year has been so interesting for me.  I wondered if I would be able to get into the spirit of Christmas in a country where some people have never heard Christ's name.  But I have been amazed as I have been able to reflect on Christ and try to emulate Him that the spirit of Christmas is in my heart more than it has been previously.  I don't have time to go shopping for everyone but I've been able to work on the awesome daily challenges given by LDS.org this year.  They encourage us to "Light the World" with Christ's light by doing something every day to be like Him.  I'm going to do it every day.  You should, too!  It's a great way to really feel the spirit of Christ this season.   I've been working on it, and I'll report back on what I did, but you should email me with ways you lit the world too! :)  I'll get a new companion this week, so I'm going to start over with her! I'm so excited!!!

On Tuesday I got to go to the historical museum of Mongolia.  It was amazing!  I loved learning about the history of Mongolia.  It's fascinating to see connections between Mongolians and Native Americans.  Later I was able to have dinner with Sister Harper!  It was a blast to talk with her!  I love my mission president's wife - she’s amazing!!  She's such a good example of being a strong woman who is dedicated to serving others.  Then we participated in family home evening at a member's house.  The sister we visited just got home from her mission and all of her family was so nice.  One of the men there is a professional announcer for the Naadaam festival, and it was so cool to hear him.  It was a mix between an auctioneer and a professional singer.  It was so cool! :)  

Wednesday and Friday were English days.  We just taught and taught and taught.  But it was fun, and on Friday we went to Burger King for lunch.  The ice cream made it all worth it.  

On Thursday we went to Unur and saw a member there that my companion and I love dearly!  She fed us buuz and we had a great visit.  Later we realized we forgot our phone at home, so we went to the Unur sisters and they took care of us until we could get our phone the next day.  So we had a really fun sleepover that night and then on Friday morning, we got the phone situation all worked out without being away from a phone.  Sooner or later we will stop having phone issues!  ha

Saturday was amazing because we went to Unur again for a baptism!  My very first new member's grandma and cousin got baptized, along with the son of the woman who got baptized a couple of weeks ago.  It was awesome!  Sister Wilkins got to skype in, and it was so good to see her!  The only hiccup of the evening was that the treats never came, so after the actual baptism, Sister Rue and I ran as fast as we could over to the little corner store and bought treats for everyone.  We made it back in record time and arrived back at the church before they were all re-dressed in dry clothes! :)  We stayed again in Unur that night after having KFC! :)  

Sunday we had stake conference.  The first stake conference of the stake!  I got to be here for the creation of the stake in May and now the first conference of the stake! :)  It was so fun, and I played with the 4 year old girl who sat next to me.  Like the whole time.  And I loved it.  She was so cute!  And I scrounged around my bag and found some fun stuff for her to play with!  I miss being with kids!  That night, we taught a lesson to our investigator!  SHE taught US the 10 commandments in order and other principles of the Gospel. We invited her to be baptized at the end of February, but she said that would be too far away!  So we will be teaching her all the lessons as soon as we can! :)  I'm so excited!  

So many good things are happening!  Our apartment is ready for Christmas!  It's also ready for transfers.  My companion leaves so soon!  She's all packed.  And she's helped me get ready for transfers by prepping the apartment for anther missionary to move in.  Whoever my new companion is will love the apartment!  It's so clean and pretty.  And there are Christmas lights.  

Anyway, life is good!  I love my mission!  The transfer call comes out tonight.  I'll have a new companion next week!!! AHHH!!! It's gonna be fun! :)  

So I hope you all have a great week! And Light the World with me.  I'll light Mongolia and you should light wherever you are! :)  Love you!


Sister Bottorff


Snow on gers..

Us in a ger!

0 comments:

Post a Comment