Sunday, January 8, 2017

Week 53 - It's 2017!!

I can't believe it's 2017!!  This time last year I was buying every Q-Tip in Walmart because I was so scared about Mongolia not having any.  And now I have to admit it took me five minutes to remember the name Walmart.  Wow - so much has changed!  And for the record, they have Q tips here.  Oops.

But this week was so great except for the really really bad cold that kept me homebound for a few days.  But I'm basically over it and it didn't put a damper on any of the New Years fun!  I actually developed the cold on Christmas Eve but it didn't really get bad until two days after Christmas.  I managed to teach a few lessons, though, because we took taxis to and from and avoided the cold as much as possible.  We also made our way out of the apartment for an ice cream run.

On Monday we saw the Christmas lights around UB.  Well a couple of lights.  But it was a blast and I felt so happy to see the lights!  Tuesday I was sick and stayed home.  Except for a trip to the doctor for meds, and a stop for ice cream.  

Wednesday I was sick again but we taught our investigator and she's so cute!  She always makes me my favorite foods and she is learning so much.  On Thursday I was still sick.  Almost better but too wimpy to go out in the cold and possibly undo what was done.  Some other sister missionaries had come into town from the countryside, so we did a 3-way split.  I stayed with my STL (sister training leader), Sister Kerby, who was also sick.  One of our Mongolian sisters went with Sister Kerby's companion, and the other sister went with my companion, Sister Shreeve.  They had a blast, and Sister Kerby and I sat and rested.  We had fun, though, don't worry! :)  Unfortunately, all of my companion's appointments fell through, so we all ended up back at the STL's apartment learning more Mongolian songs from Sister A!  So fun!  I want a copy of the video.  It was hilarious because she wrote the words down, sang it once, and video taped our first attempt at singing.  Haha  We didn't sound good, but we laughed through most of it!

Friday we taught a new investigator. She is 20 years old and super awesome.  She is excited to learn, and I can't wait to teach her more.

New Years Eve was perfect in every way.  My companion and I made cinnamon rolls and brought them to our investigator's house.  She loved them!  Then we taught a lesson and ate more food.  Mongolians know how to throw a party! :)  Then, we had KFC (yes - chicken!) for dinner and went to a district meeting.  That only lasted a few minutes because the STLs and Sister Shreeve and I went to the city square for about an hour!  I pet a reindeer!  And a camel almost kissed me!  And I was walking around like a kid in a candy shop.  I was so happy to be out and about and taking pictures!  I loved it! We were home by 9:10.  We planned for next week, and had a New Years party of our own!  We pulled out sparkling sour apple juice and did poppers when the clock struck 10.  And I had a blast! 

Yesterday we attended church services and set up lots of appointments for the coming week!  I'm so excited for this week!  Happy New Year!  I love  you all!


Sister Bottorff


Us on a bus

The lights in the square are beautiful

More lights

Even more lights!

Can you see the ice around my eye? 

You never know who you'll meet in the city square!

OK - this reindeer is not real :)

We have the Kissing Camels back home. Who knew they'd be here, too?

This reindeer is real!

Happy New Year!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment