Friday, February 17, 2017

Week 59 - I love my new area!


Hey everyone!


This week has gone so fast! I feel like so much has happened since I emailed last!  Sister Shreeve and I are no longer companions, but she is in good hands with Sister Hansen!  I'm so excited for her!  She's so excited, too! :)  I just told her not to like Sister Hansen MORE than me by the end!  :)  

I'm now with Sister Bollwinkel!  And we are not only over one new ward.  We have TWO!  And it's been so fun!  I got the transfer call on Tuesday night.  I was SURE I'd stay in Baynzurkh ward one more transfer.  They called at 9:45 (I was hoping for a call at 9!)  and I was shocked.  I couldn't' believe I was leaving!  I started packing all of my things and calling my people.  I love this ward! I will miss the people I have come to love so much.  They are such special people who will always be close to me.  I feel like Baynzurkh was where I really got to grow up as a missionary.  It's where Sister Guild and I came in fresh and had no idea what we were doing after only being in the country for 5 months.  It's where I trained cute Sister Shreeve and where I came to quickly love the amazing members who love the missionaries.  It's where I came to love the cute kids in the primary and my faith-filled investigators who don't want to turn back to their old lives because they have come to see what the Savior's love really feels like.  It's where I visited my less actives and served!  It's one of the few places where the people felt like mine.  I'll miss it.

But don't you worry about me!  I LOVE my new area!  I'm with Sister Bollwinkel and we brought snacks to help us through the two blocks of church.  Sister Bollwinkel and I get along great.  She loves snacks as much as me!  And ice cream!  And baking good things like cookies!  We have stuffed our almost-week together full of all of those things.  There were also some veggies in there, too, so don't worry, Mom and Dad!  

My area is HUGE!  It is part city and part ger-district.  Now I've served in the South, East, and West ends of the city!  I serve from the airport, which is super far, all the way to almost the Baynzurkh church building.  It's a blast!  The pollution is not as bad and the mountains are so pretty! :)  I love it!  The people are so nice, too!  There are lots of little grandmas, and seeing them just makes me so excited!  They kiss my cheeks and send me home with goodies. Last night's grandma sent us home with juice, trail mix, and cookies!  

We had an English meeting on Saturday, and they catered pizza.  We talked about English.  This transfer I'll teach at Sister Bollwinkel's school (11th graders) instead of the university!  It should be fun.  It's good times in high school.  We start on Friday!  

So basically life is great!  I love my people!  I can't believe how blessed I am!  While I didn't see the change coming, it feels right.  And I have come to love the people in my new areas so quickly.  I love being a missionary!  I have seen God's hand every day.  And I'm trying to make every day count.  They go so fast.  Time flies when you're having fun, right?  

I love you all!  

Sister Bottorff


Companion photos!

A lane in our new district

Narrow alleyways

Who doesn't love cookies and ice cream?

0 comments:

Post a Comment