Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 67 - What a wonderful week!

I am loving and cherishing every day of my mission! This week is no exception.  I can't believe how fast time is flying, and I have less than 4 months until my return home.  I'm trying not to think about it because I love Monoglia so much.  I'm going to miss it!  But I'm making the most of every day.  And they have been so full and rewarding!  

On Monday we took a trip to the Gandan, the Buddhist temple!  My companion braved the huushuur stand and ate her first huushuur and buuz.  I was so proud!  We loved the Gandan.  The weather was perfect and I just love walking around.  My companion and I are equally obsessed with walking, so it's been perfect!  Then I showed her the Narantuul Zah, the black market, which is always fun.  The vendors are all outside, and they sell literally everything, from clothes to office supplies to furniture to groceries.  It's loud and dirty and fun and adventurous.  I love the zah!  

Tuesday we had an amazing zone conference.  We were fed spiritually (talking about helping people in the best ways possible) and physically (the chicken salad sandwiches on croissants hit the spot and the cream filled cupcakes just about did me in).  

On Wednesday we went to visit my favorite grandma.  Words were spoken on both ends and not understood.  But love was felt nonetheless.  She always holds both of my hands and massages them.  And it makes me never want to leave.  I love her!  That night we went to the bishop's house, and we started to teach his relatives.  A whole family - mom, dad, and their triplets! :)  It's basically the best thing ever.  And I feel so blessed!!  We taught them about prayer and how Heavenly Father answers.  I felt such love for them.  I think that's the biggest thing I've learned about on my mission.  My capacity to love has been increased.  I think I know now, more than before, what love really is.  And I feel it every day.  I feel it from God and those who love and support me.  And I feel it for others.  This is at the core of how God works.  And I love it so much.

Thursday afternoon we shared a message with a sweet member of the ward who struggles with health challenges.  It was our first visit to her house.  After an unexpected challenge with the first message we planned to share, I quickly chose a different message to share.  I picked a Mormon Message on her phone that was translated into Mongolian.  I couldn't see it while she watched it, but I watched the tears roll down her face. I felt an overwhelming sense of love for her.  More tangible than normal.  I can't quite explain it.  But it was a moment that I'll cherish.  

General conference exceeded my expectations.  It was absolutely amazing.  Every single talk was so perfect in every way.  Here are a few of my favorite things: 

Elder Weath Clayton said "We will never be alone if we CHOOSE to walk with Him."  Christ is always trying to walk with us, but we have to let Him.  

Elder Holland said that we need to come as we are but shouldn't plan to say as we are. I loved it because God loves us always, but He wants us to be better every day.  
Sister Burton's talk about the women who were certain in their testimonies really hit home.  
President Uchtdorf was spot on with his talk about love vs. fear.  God will never use fear to get us to follow Him.  He loves us and that motivates us to change.  I have seen that truth work miracles in my life and in the lives of those I love.  

Anyway, I love my mission.  It's fast, but time just flies when I have fun.  Missions are fun! I love my companion and my people and my ward.  And every day I find miracles that God rains down from Heaven just for me.  And I'm so grateful for every one of them.  

I love you!

Sister Bottorff



My companion's first huushuur and buuz - the first, but not the last!

In front of the Gandan...

At the Zah...

With an awesome family!


0 comments:

Post a Comment