Saturday, March 12, 2016

Week 10


Hey!
On the one hand, I'm not sure where time has gone!  But then I think about all that I've done, and it makes sense to be leaving soon!  But it's still so crazy!
So my last P day was on Saturday.  We only had half the day to do laundry, and by 3 we were back to work.  We did study time and taught that night.  
On Sunday, I hit my 2 month mark!  I can't believe I've been on a mission for 2 months!  It amazes me that time is flying!  I have learned so much, but I know I have so much more to learn and do!  I have to make every second count!  Sunday was great, though.  I loved church, the temple walk, and taking a break from my everyday life.  I love that about Sundays.  The Provo Temple President gave the Sunday night devotional, and I got to sit in the front row!  
Monday was the beginning of a pretty big week!  I found out who is going to sponsor me in Mongolia!  I will be teaching at the National Medical University of Mongolia!  I am really excited!  I'll be there the whole time I'm there!  I'm really excited to get started.  I hear great things about the school.  The students I'll teach will be medical students around my age.  I think we will have a lot of fun together!  I'm going to pretend I don't speak a single word of Mongolian so that they don't try to get me to speak Mongolian.  The ELC (English Language Center) is an amazing place!  We observed teachers, taught lessons of our own, met some of the people behind the scenes, and truly had a wonderful experience.  I also met the mission president and his wife who will take over in July.  They will be spending the majority of my mission with me, and I don't think I could have met a nicer couple!  At the end of our ELC experience on Thursday, we received certificates that will tell the Mongolians that we have been trained adequately!  It's pretty exciting!  
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, we spent the day at the ELC again.  Sister Hansen and I taught a real English class.  They recorded us, and we watched the whole thing.  Then, they sat us down with the director of the ELC, and he gave us pointers and ways to improve.  It was such a blessing to have this resource, even though it was awkward to watch myself.  
On Tuesday night, the devotional was so interesting!   As a choir we sang, Where Can I Turn for Peace.  The speaker, Elder Pino, of the 70, spoke to us in Spanish.  I thought it was such an interesting experience to have an interpreter for the talk, especially after learning how to teach English.  It gave me more of a glimpse of what they're going through.  
After the ELC on Wednesday, our teacher, Brother Boyd, came into the classroom and told us we would be eating dinner a little early because we needed to skype our mission president, President Benson.  So we ate and headed to a room where we skyped him as a class.  He gave us the information we needed in order to travel to Mongolia without problems!  It was fun to "meet" him!  I look forward to serving with him!  
Yesterday was just as busy as the others because even though we didn't go to the ELC, we had In-Field Orientation at the MTC!  We attended an all-day seminar to get us ready to go out to the mission field.  It is an orientation for anyone leaving the MTC in the coming week, so we went to the seminar with people going to Canada, Italy, Romania, and Temple Square in Salt Lake.  The interesting thing was that we all learned languages.  The people going to Temple Square were from different countries like Haiti and there was even one from Mongolia!  It is so much fun to see that we are all going all over the world (literally) and sharing the same message of hope!  
I feel so blessed!  Blessed for the experiences I'm having. Blessed for the people I'm meeting.  Blessed for the Spirit I'm feeling.  Blessed for the many people who are supporting me in various ways.  I love you all!  
Sister Bottorff
 
Some of the Zone at the Temple.
 
Sister Bottorff and Sister Hansen watching videos at the ELC.
 
Teaching Certificates!
 
At the ELC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment