Saturday, March 5, 2016

Week 9

Hey everyone!
There's so much to update you on!  I can't believe it! 
Tuesday night, we sang Hark All Ye Nations in choir and it was amazing.  The speaker that night was Elder Nielson of the 70, and he spoke about lessons he has learned from our beloved Prophet and the 12 Apostles.  It was probably one of my favorite devotionals.  He emphasized that Elder Holland has taught him to "remember Lot's wife" and never look back.  We should always be progressing.  Moving forward.  Instead of dwelling on should haves or could haves, we should be seeing what bright things are coming our way!  He shared many more, and they were all applicable and inspiring.
On Wednesday, it was a pretty normal day.  Lots of flashcards.  We taught a lesson, and the Spirit was so strong.  I felt so blessed to be a part of that moment.  I keep thinking about how God is allowing me to have these experiences because of His infinite love.  And He wants me to be a part of sharing His infinite love with others.  
Thursday was service, and we cleaned toilets.  We finished so early that we ended up cleaning all of the mirrors in the hallways, too.  Later in class, Sister Hansen and I were invited by Sister Burgess and Sister Bertasso to sing again, but the time they need us will be next week when we are getting certified to teach English.  I was bummed that we had to say no, but I'm honored they asked!  That afternoon, we studied outside again.  It is seriously the best to get outside for more than 10 minutes to breathe in the fresh air and see the blue sky and feel the sun.  
Yesterday was Friday, and it was the best day because we all received our TRAVEL PLANS!!!  We leave the MTC on Thursday, March 17.  We are super lucky because we don't have to leave the MTC campus at 2:30 am like most missionaries.  Instead, we get to leave at 3:30 in the afternoon!  In a total of 36 hours, we will fly to LA and then to Beijing and then on to Mongolia!  It's feeling so real!  I just don't want to get too ahead of myself because I still have a little under 2 weeks left.  I have to finish strong and use all the time I have to study and prepare.  
This week we will be going to the English Learning Center and completing our certifications.  I finished the online portion of the class, which we have been doing every night, last night.  I learned a lot about teaching a language.  I find out on Monday where I'll be teaching for the next 16 months!  I'm really excited!  It could be anywhere from a school to a post office or a hospital!  The anticipation is building, but I know it will be just the right place, even if I don't expect it.  
I love you all and hope that everyone is healthy and happy.  I pray for you often and appreciate all of your prayers on my behalf!!  Prayers really are answered!
Love,
Sister Bottorff
 
Studying outside in the sunshine!

 
With Sister Hansen

 
The Elders and Sisters with their Mongolian teacher.

Travel plans!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment