Thursday, May 26, 2016

Week 21

I seriously don't know where the time is going.  I'm in a time warp, and the time is going by so fast!  I feel like I emailed you yesterday! :)

But a lot has happened.  I spent Monday shopping and cleaning until we found a basketball at the store and HAD to buy it and play basketball.  I am no good at basketball, but that's nothing new! :)  But the weather was perfect and we had a blast.  After about 5 minutes of shooting baskets, a whole bunch of Mongolians came and wanted to play a game.  I thought it was so funny that people just came out of nowhere to play!  Then, we went home and ate ice cream and got ready for FHE that night.  We went to a ward member's house and made dinner with them.  They had tiny newborn kittens, and one of them fell asleep in my lap.  It was the cutest.  Then, we taught a lesson and had to run home to be there on time.  We ran down the mountain, and what took us 30 minutes to climb only took us 10 minutes to run down!  We gave ourselves a serious pat on the back.  

On Tuesday, I taught English.  A girl in our class recommended a restaurant last week, but we didn't have time to go  there.  She was bummed so we are making a serious effort to go before we see her tomorrow.  I also got a package on Tuesday!! YAYY!! Thanks mom!  I loved everything inside!  I haven't ever loved mail so much in my life! :)  

On Wednesday, I taught English again.  The students in my second class really struggled with the concepts, but it was really cool to see them progressing by the end of the lesson.  At first I was at a loss and I looked at Sister Wilkins like," save me.."  But then she helped and we got the students to use the principles properly by the time they walked away! :)  VICTORY!!!  

Thursday I went on splits.  I was with Sister Guild for the morning, and then during English time, I went out with Sister Harmon's companion, who is Mongolian.  It was a great time!  She taught me some Mongolian, and it made me so happy!  We taught a lesson to one of her church members.  It was fun to go to a stranger's house and speak Mongolian!  It was a little grandma, and when we walked in, her husband was watching Rhianna music videos. hahhaa  The lesson went really well. That night, I went home with Sister Wilkins and we studied.  We make studies fun, so it was a great night!

Friday was fun because after studies, we taught 2 lessons.  They went really well!  We also went and found a girl who we haven't seen in a while.  We were so relieved to see that she was doing well! :)  I seriously love being a missionary!  

On Saturday, I was on another split with Sister Guild.  We worked in her ward and visited 3 people.  1 new church member, who is adorable and gave us turkey legs.  They tasted good.  I may or may not have felt a little weird afterward though....  She also lived in an apartment complex that I think looked like America.  I felt weird there because it didn't feel like Mongolia.  And now that I think about it, I don't think it actually feels like America.  I cant' remember... And on the way home I found a place called World Market.  Is that a store in America that I like?  I'm seriously having problems...... Anywayyy....Then, we visited some members and ate ice cream!  And then we taught an investigator who was super adorable.  She can't wait to get baptized!  I was excited to meet all of those great people!  And I can't fail to mention what a miracle it is that we made it around the city and talked in Mongolian and have only been here for 2 months!  

Sunday was fun.  We studied most of the day and went to church and taught some lessons.  It was a grand old time.  And it was pretty warm.  And I love Mongolia.  And sometimes it's hard to go to church in another language because you don't know what's going on. But then you get over it because your companion translates and you laugh a lot.  Laughter is the best medicine.  

I hope you are all happy and healthy! I love you all!

Sister Bottorff


Love the turkey legs - yes, turkey legs!

All the thinks you can think - when you think about Seuss!

Springtime in the steppes

New friends are wonderful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment