Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Week 28 - but who's counting??

So this week was a little different because I got sick.  So it kinda messed up some of the days, so I'll just highlight the good things that happened.  And I'm better so don't worry about me one bit! :)

My birthday was great!  I had such a fun day, and the birthday wishes have been so nice!  I feel so incredibly blessed!  Thank you, everyone!!  We went to the river with the Young Single Adults in the ward, and it was so much fun!  We shared a spiritual thought and played.  It was so fun to be outside and see all the gers and the green grass and animals roaming.  It was like I walked into a painting.  It looked like what you'd expect to see in Mongolia!  We took lots of pictures, so don't worry!  Then we visited a family who surprised me with a HUGE birthday dinner!  It made me so happy!  They fed me stir fry and kim bob and potato salad and rice and a delicious kool-aid type drink.  And they kept saying, "Sarah...baby.  Eat, eat." They thought it was so funny that I became a baby on that day. Hahaha!  And then I ate so much.  We also did a Family Home Evening with another family and they so graciously gave me another birthday dinner!  So by the end of the day I was overflowing.  It was a great day!  So warm and fun!

We are teaching amazing people.  We are teaching a new little grandma who is 79.  And she is the cutest.  She wants to know everything right now and get baptized ASAP.  She knows the Church is true, and we visited her 3 times this week.  She inspires me.  

Wanna know who also inspires me?  Our other investigator who is a single mom and is giving up so much to be baptized.  If we tell her she has to start doing something or stop doing something, she faithfully and immediately accepts the challenge.  She loves the Gospel, and she says it's worth the sacrifice.  We keep telling her it is.  Because it is.  She and her kids are already set on going to the temple next year.  In fact, they started their savings account already.  And they are so cute! They get interviewed next week and baptized on the 22nd.  I just love them!  And they'll get baptized in the river!  So I can't wait!  We love them so much!  I want to go to Hong Kong next year when they go to the temple.  I mean, I'll be home by then, so why not?? :)  

There is some other fun stuff going on here, too!  First of all, I'm not sick anymore, so that's great!  And this week is Nadaam, a summer holiday, so everything is closed.  We are teaching the primary children some songs.  It's so fun!  My companion and I go to primary for about 30 minutes every Sunday.  I play piano and she directs.  And we are teaching them "My Heavenly Father Loves Me."  They'll learn it and perform it next month before I go.  I'm so excited.  And the kids are so cute!  

This week will be a good one.  We will have a zone training, so I'll get to Skype and see all the missionaries!  I kinda miss UB a little bit.  Well, mainly KFC.  And Burger King a little.  And these Russian cookies that I can't find here in Hovd.  They have knock off brands, but there is one that I'm in love with.  

I'm trying to think of other news.  I don't see lots of animals, just when we go to the outskirts of the city.  But I love when the cows get out and cross the road.  It makes me laugh.  And we are obsessed with baking recently. While I was sick my companion made me banana bread, and I can't stop eating it.  Thank goodness we can make things ourselves!  I love American food, too!  And so does my companion! :)  Oh, and I hit my 6 MONTH MARK!!! Woah!  Where has the time gone?  I'll be HOME this time next year!  Don't worry, I'm not trunky (anxious to go home), just amazed.

Other than that, my week was kinda boring and lame since I was sick.  But since I'm feeling better, I'll have more interesting things to say next week.  K? K.  

I love you all and I love this work.  I'm learning so much.  And I wake up every morning and thank Heavenly Father I get to be here and that I have such a strong and wonderful support group back at home.  I love you!


Sister Bottorff


I loved being at the river for my birthday!

Yay! It's my birthday!

Beautiful gers by the river

My birthday dinner - what a wonderful surprise!


0 comments:

Post a Comment