Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 27 - It's my birthday, and my six month-iversary

It's my birthday and I'll do what I want... not cry... or disobey mission rules... I'll just.... still be a missionary but also be 24!  Woah.. that's weird...

Anyway.... On Monday, I got a haircut!  I cut off about an inch or two to get off the dead ends.  The guy was really nervous because my hair is so soft and they don't know how to cut American hair.  So that made me nervous, but it turned out ok!  We also got some lunch at a nice little restaurant in town - just because! :) 

Tuesday was full of meetings.  We visited 7 people, and it flew by!  We taught about the 10 commandments and repentance and the Book of Mormon and shared scriptures.  We visited a little grandma who has been a member for a long time.  She says she only wants missionaries to share "cool" scriptures because she's read the scriptures so many times.  She doesn't want the typical ones. Haha So then we got there and my companion said, "you’ll be sharing the thought."  I got nervous to pick a good scripture.  The pressure was on.  But I picked Moroni 7:13 that says that all good things come from God.  And we talked about her blessings.  And it was awesome!  I lead a discussion by myself, spur of the moment, in MONGOLIAN!

On Wednesday, we taught and taught, and it was election day.  So we went home early to make sure we were safe.  We taught 3 lessons, though!  So that was good.  And we had to cancel institute because on election day people can't gather together.  So It was kind of a quiet day.  And rainy.  But good.

Thursday was also kinda quiet.  We planned for the week because we had to wait for a text to go out, just in case.  But everything was good, and we could have gone out at noon, but we planned to stay in and plan anyway.  So we planned and then had a district meeting and mutual (youth activity).  All activities were successful and happy! :)  And I made cookies. And they were good.  

Friday we got to skype our new mission president – President Harper!  He did a brief getting-to-know-you meeting with missionaries in UB, and we got to skype in and listen!  It was so great to get to know them!  I will miss the Bensons, but I am in good hands with the Harpers.  They are meant to be here right now, and I love them already!  They should be coming for a visit to Hovd soon, too! :)  Then, we taught and made visits.  We taught a cute dad about fatherhood as he tended to his cute little 2-year-old son.  And we shared a scripture with a woman we haven't seen at church in months.  And we invited her to come back.  It made me so happy!  Then we taught someone how to family history work!  We are helping her put her family tree together! It feels so good to help people!!

On Saturday, we taught and taught.  And I loved it!  We taught about prophets and the Word of Wisdom and the Sabbath day.  It was hot outside.  But we did ok staying in people's houses and staying cool.  Gers are surprisingly cool, which is nice.  They lift up the bottom of the ger material, which allows for a breeze.  And they open the door and the top, which makes for a really nice place to be, even when it's hot!  

Yesterday we went to church and taught 5 lessons.  We only planned for 4.  Then 2 cancelled, and we found 3 others last minute.  But it was so good!  We taught people about tithing and fasting and prophets.  All of this teaching really teaches me about the Gospel and reminds me every day that the commandments and principles in the Gospel only help us to be better people.  That's something I love.  

Today is my birthday!  After studies, we took studio pictures and after emailing, I'll go to the river with the Young Single Adults for Family Home Evening.  Then we are having 2 other FHEs with families in the ward.  I'm really excited.  There is no place I'd rather be, and nothing else I'd rather be doing today!  I'm so grateful to be here!  Last year I never would have guessed I'd be spending my next birthday in Mongolia!!  I feel so blessed!!!

I love you all!! :)


Sister Bottorff


A neighborhood

A statue of Chinggis Khan

A fun picture with my companion

A studio photo

1 comments:

Deena said...

Happy 4th of July Birthday!!! Dana Scheel Miller

Post a Comment