Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 36 - Learning about my new area

Hey! 

It's been another crazy and fun week in Mongolia!

On Monday I went to a choir practice and saw my beautiful MTC companion!  It was such a happy reunion!!  I have missed her! We also did some shopping and then had an FHE (family home evening) at a member's house.  They are the most humble and wonderful member family.  We talked and the kids were the sweetest.  The little daughter sang songs and the older daughter (about 12) just listened to me so intently even though my Mongolian was broken.  I love this family so much already!  I want to go back every day!  As we all sat down to dinner and talked, I couldn't help but feel so incredibly blessed at their goodness and humility.  They don't have much, but the love I felt made me want to cry a little.  But I didn't cry cuz that would have been embarrassing to explain...

On Tuesday we worked on visa stuff for my companion and talked with a ward member about the ward.  Then we visited an investigator.  It was busy but there's not much more to say about it. Haha  But we got xuushuur (ground beef or mutton pastry) that night!  

On Wednesday I went on a split with Sister Bollwinkel!  We roamed my new ward and I held a puppy and I was so happy!  I also ate cookies and was amazed by the beauty of my area!  It was so fun to go out with her!  We had such a great time!  Then, after the split, I saw Sister Wilkins and she gave me pep talks for touring the area and visiting all the members in the ward!  And then we were off to see a less active sister who is so cute!  She and her mom live together and we taught about prayer.  She lives an hour and a half away from the church, basically in the countryside.  I love going out that way.  

Thursday was also great!  MY COMPANION'S VISA GOT APPROVED!  She had her interview at the embassy, and we celebrated with ice cream!  And I'm so happy for her while also freaking out on the inside, wondering what the heck I'm going to do when she leaves....Anyway, I'm not going to think about that....After that, we went to see the ward missionary in our ward, and had a blast eating watermelon and getting to know her and teaching her.  

On Friday we had a meeting for English.  We are starting to do an English lab instead of classes now.  So I'll be going to the school one day a week and running a lab with Sister Guild.  We start in 2 weeks.  We also planned (for the coming week) and met another ward member.  Our ward is awesome!

Then on Saturday we met with a whole bunch of people all over our area.  It's HUGE!  And we were on busses and walking like crazy.  We went over railroad tracks, out in the countryside, saw horses, etc.  Life is so good!

Yesterday  we had church - I still don't understand the language well enough.  So we won't talk about that.  And then we taught the most beautiful investigator family.  The sister we taught last Sunday invited us back to teach her whole family.  And they are amazing.  So humble.  And so loving.  And so ready and eager to learn about Jesus Christ.  Even the 8 year old sat like an angel and listened even though my Mongolian isn't perfect.  She felt it was true!  I can't wait to see them again!

Today we hiked a mountain!  I loved it!  

I am so happy!  I've been trying to remember I don't have to be perfect.  I just need to have the Spirit and remember that this isn't my work.  And as I do that, I feel so happy!  I'm so grateful to be here!  I'm on top of the world! :)

I love you all!


Sister Bottorff


I got to see Sister Hanson again! Yay!

Puppies...

Pizza...

And ice cream with wonderful companions - what else could I want?

Jumping for joy!

The hills are aliiiiiiive - with the sound of, er, me jumping

0 comments:

Post a Comment