Thursday, May 11, 2017

Week 71 - Sugar coma!

Hey everyone!  

So this week was super fun! I got to go to Unur and take my companion fabric shopping!  We met up with my new member from Unur and she helped us shop.  It turns out my companion is a pro. She was super calm about fabric shopping and got her fabric in about 30 minutes.  I can't explain how impressed I was, considering the hours on end I spent almost ripping out my hair and wanting to give up.  In my defense, there were just so many options and I had no idea what I wanted.  It's an overwhelming experience for someone like me.  But I guess my companion needed no help.  She just wasn't stressed at all.  And her fabric is beautiful.  I'm excited to see the finished product (deel / dress)!  We also emailed from a super fun place last week.  It looked pretty futuristic. The lights were turned off and all the computers and mice and keyboards were lit in neon.  And the keyboards clicked louder than normal.  It made me want to be a professional gamer when I get older.  Ha totally kidding.  Anyway...

We got to be in a companionship of three for 24 hours!  Sister Brezenski was waiting for her trainee to arrive from the Philippines Missionary Training Center, so we got to be together.  Sister Brezenski was trying to get over a bad cold, so we went to her house and deep cleaned while she slept.  And then we walked over to the grocery store and my companion fell in love with these Belgian waffle cone things filled with cream.  Yum.  With the new groceries, we made banana cake with cinnamon glaze.  They tasted better than they sound.  They tasted so good that we left them at her house and then made our own the next day.  And then we were in a sugar coma.  Oops.  

The Stake Conference choir is sounding absolutely beautiful.  After about 2 hours of practice, they went from not knowing parts at all to singing parts with the piano accompaniment.  It felt so good to be back at the piano.  With beautiful singers.  I melted.  

On the way to English class, we happened upon a really fun Russian singing competition.  And the one song my Mongolian companion tried to teach me was the one song that we saw!  It was awesome!  Other than that, the students were adorable, as always.  One girl spoke NO English and it reminded me of my first little bit in Mongolia.  It's not a fun feeling, but I know she'll improve with time.  

Remember that sugar coma?  Yeah.  Well it all started when my companion had to get her blood drawn for her visa.  And we went to lunch afterward with Sister Wilcox and Sister Weaver.  We ate at the best bakery ever and stuffed ourselves silly with savory donuts and cream cheese tarts and peach pies.  Heaven, I tell you.  Then, we went home and taste tested the candies and goodies in Sister Tillemann-Dick's newly arrived package.  And then we opened our fridge and it had 2 bananas that were perfect for making banana bread.  They were kinda funky smelling, so we HAD to make banana cake RIGHT THEN.  And after all that, we felt pretty sick.  I couldn't bring myself to eat anything healthy because I didn't want to eat anything more.  Oops. You'd think I would have learned by now...

Oh yeah - the elders in our ward keep making cupcakes.  I'm not complaining.  They share every time.

Our investigator family is doing so well!  They are progressing and loving what they learn.  Next time we will teach them the 10 commandments!  As they progress, I feel so blessed to be a part of their progression.  It's really fun to see people who are good turn into people who are even better.  I have experienced that so many times.  The people here are all such good people and it's so fun to see them come to have more peace in their lives as they follow the example of Jesus Christ.  It's the way to true happiness.  And I've seen that in myself and in so many others.  

Love you all!

Sister Bottorff



 
A monument to the Fab 4 (Fab 5?)

I never dreamed that I'd be sitting next to a Beatle!

There's got to be a good reason for painting the tree...

Isn't this cool??

THIS is how to cut onions :)

I dropped my ice cream. Oh, well...

0 comments:

Post a Comment