Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Week 72 - Mothers' Day and a walk to the river...

So… I basically had one of the best P-Days ever!  Turns out my companion is a gourmet cook, so she whipped together a beautiful sandwich made of roasted vegetables and we headed to the river by our house.  It was awesome.  And the weather was perfect.  We went just in time to miss the mosquitoes.  And the food was so good.  It was so relaxing.  We continued walking and ended up at the Zaisan national monument.  The view is breathtaking, and it was so fun to look out and recognize the areas I have come to know and love. Those are the places where I've grown and learned and laughed and cried.  And the people I've come to love are living in those gers on the mountainside.  I love Mongolia.

The choir performed at Stake Conference this weekend.  One of the members of the quorum of the 70 (a church general authority) came and gave a great talk during the Saturday night session about loving our neighbors and serving them.  Later we were talking to the Stake President, who lives near our apartment, so he and his wife offered to drive us home.  They had to drop off the member of the 70 at his hotel first.  We jumped at that opportunity and had a nice little talk on the way to drop him off.  He is such a kind and good man.  I loved the opportunity to talk with him more casually.  The men who lead the Church are such good people.  And they work so hard to try to make the world a better place.  I'm so grateful I had that chance.  The Sunday session was also great.  The choir sang, and it went really well.  It was great to play the piano again - I have missed it!  I got a million requests for piano lessons.  And people were so kind afterward.  

We have been walking non-stop here.  Why take a bus or taxi when you can walk?  The weather is absolutely perfect, and I can't get enough of the sunshine and warmth on my face.  That hasn't happened in a long time.  I'm also sporting a pretty sweet, faint, of course, tan line from my missionary shoes.  It's pretty great!  

I got to Skype home for Mother's day, too!  That was the best part of my week!  I miss my family, but it was so good to see them all!  It really made me happy to see them and talk with them like we were all together again, in person. They are the best!  

Life is good. Sorry for the short update.  But I love you all!  And I hope you have a great week!


Sister Bottorff


A really pretty gate in a really pretty fence in really pretty light

Ah - I love my life!

Yes - I really love my life!

Fun time at the river

Genghis Khan on a hillside

Panoramas are awesome!

A great view of the city

Sitting on a high wall looking at the city

0 comments:

Post a Comment