Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 17: I love Mongolia! Still!

It's been another great week in Mongolia! 
Monday, after emailing and shopping and cleaning, we had a song practice. A bunch of American missionaries are going to sing some Mongolian songs at an English seminar coming up!  It should be fun!  Then, Sister Wilkins and I went to an investigator's home and put on a little FHE.  We taught a lesson about trusting in God and then played our handmade Candyland game! :)  It was a grand old time! :)
On Tuesday, I taught English for the first time!  There were 2 classes and they all spoke great English.  We gave them some prompts to talk about, and I got partnered up with a guy who picked the prompt about Shakespeare.  He and I got to talking about Romeo and Juliet and how they had dumb teenage love hahaha.  Then, I said how sad it was that they both died.  And he responded by saying that if they had gotten married they would have probably started fighting and killed each other anyway! hahahahaha Good times!  That night, Sister Guild and I went on splits.  We got ice cream on the way home! :)
Wednesday I didn't feel great, but I tried to grin and bear it.  I didn't have to teach because we are switching off.  So I just sat in the back of the classroom.  The Wednesday class seems great, too!  Our lesson for that night got cancelled, so that was a bummer.  But it was a slight relief since I wasn't feeling well.  Instead, we did some preparations and English planning.  So that was good.  And on the way home with Sister Wilkins for the night, we got caught in a huge dust storm.  I'm pretty sure there's still sand in my hair...
On Thursday, Sister Guild and I taught the staff members at the Medical University while our companions did some planning.  When we taught, it was all one-on-one, which was really nice.  We personalized the lessons, which makes it more fun and effective.  Then, we met up with our companions again and all went out to lunch.  Then, Sister Wilkins and I went home and planned for the week. 
Friday was really great because we ended up teaching 3 lessons!  They were all amazing!  We taught our first lesson to an investigator about the Sabbath Day.  And the second lesson was to a new member and her daughter who has been a member of the Church for a while.  I taught on faith, asked her a question, and it lead to her teaching US about faith! :)  We got to know each other better, and it got me excited to teach them more lessons!  We went to KFC for dinner, and I LOVED every second.  And then we went to our last lesson for the day.  We traveled over big roads, bridges, and through the city to get to her house.  In the end, we had a great spiritual lesson on faith, and we got to meet her family! 
On Saturday, I taught about 15 women in the ward how to sew.  The ward's bishop, or leader, asked me to teach the women how to make an American blanket.  haha  It was a great time!  We all enjoyed ourselves and we made one blanket.  Then, we had a missionary meeting where we learned about using time more effectively and being a better listener. 
Yesterday, we had church, which is always fun!  After church we ate some noodles and went to a lesson with a member.  They had a piano at their house, and I got to play some music they had!  It was so nice to play again!  Then, we had a little FHE where we played UNO and sang songs (I played the piano) and gave a little thought about God. 
I love Mongolia!  I know I always say it, but it's true!  I have learned and grown so much! I love serving!
Love,
Sister Bottorff

"In another ger district. Cuz ger districts are awesome!"

"Relief Society activity!"

"KFC!!! :)"

"On our way to a lesson! This awesome bridge goes over some railroad tracks! I feel like I'm in a movie!"


0 comments:

Post a Comment