Thursday, June 16, 2016

Week 24

Well, I'm still alive and I'm still in Hovd!  So both are good signs, right?? :)

After we emailed last week, we shopped and went home.  I did my nails, and nail therapy is always good for the soul. :)  I also made banana bread to bring to FHE.  We hosted an FHE with the YSAs and ate banana bread (which they LOVED and had never tried) and played games after a spiritual thought.  Then, we went to a lesson with an investigator and taught the Plan of Salvation.  We brought two members with us.  One of them is a returned missionary, and he kept complimenting my Mongolian.  It's the little things!

Tuesday was a really busy day!  It was super-hot and we had 5 lessons.  I ate stomach soup.  And didn't throw up! :)  It really is the little things! :)  We had lunch with some people who were in town from UB and it was a really great time.  There were some American tourists in the restaurant and I felt really awkward.  And strange.  I don't see white people very often.....well...like never.....Anyway....One of the investigators we visited got really nervous to have an American in her home.  She cleaned and asked me all the time if the food was good and if I was comfortable.  She was so cute!  I assured her that I was perfectly happy! :)  We had a lesson that night with an investigator, and the men from UB came to the lesson with us.  They were awesome, and they said just the right things.  As we were leaving, we were saying goodbye because they were going back to UB the next morning, and the men said super nice things to me. They said, " This is really hard and far from home and so different from anything, but you will be great.  You are awesome!  You are the man!"  Hahaha

On Wednesday, we taught 4 lessons.  And they were all really good.  We stay so busy!  It is really warm, but it's been raining, which is nice and keeps me cooler.  Also, on Wednesday, I lost my voice.  Like I've sounded like I'm a teenage boy.  And it's even worse when I speak Mongolian.  And I still sound like one today...

Thursday was good because we taught and prepared the youth for their youth conference by teaching them Come Come Ye Saints in Mongolian.  It sounds so pretty!!  We also had district meeting, and it made me so happy!  We spoke in English and I saw other missionaries again!  It's been quite an adjustment to go from seeing tons of missionaries almost every day to being the only set of missionaries for hundreds of miles.  But it made me feel so happy to see them!

On Friday, we planned and taught 2 lessons. One about the priesthood and one about the Plan of Salvation.  I also ate goat.  I'm surprising myself almost every day with the things I'm eating and holding down. :)  Go me!

On Saturday we met with the Branch President and taught 5 other lessons.  It was crazy busy but so good!  Our investigators are doing so well, and I love them more and more as I meet with them.  

Yesterday after church, we taught 4 lessons.  It was awesome to meet more people and get to know them better.  Sooner or later my voice will also come back, which would be a bonus!  

This week has stretched me, and it has also been a great time to see the tender mercies in my life.  The little blessings are abundant, and they really add up!  I teach every day that God knows us and loves us, and it's been a really great blessing to really feel that in such a personal way here in Hovd.  I'm so blessed!  I hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Sister Bottorff








0 comments:

Post a Comment