Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Week 31 - It's like Christmas in July!!!

I can't believe it's August! My 7 month mark is this week!  The time is going and I can't even believe it!  This week was amazing.  Probably one of the best of my mission.

On Monday we just cleaned and lounged and met with some ward members for Family Home Evening.  It was nice and relaxed.  Sometimes you just need those kinds of days.

Tuesday was so awesome!  I got a package from UB that contained other packages and letters that have been sitting in the mission office.  The cards and packages were so amazing. I felt so blessed and loved.  We are eating so well!  My companion tried Mac-and-cheese for the first time, and she liked it!  I told her she didn't have to because it's actually not that good, but I was craving it, so I thought it was like heaven.  I never thought I'd say that.  haha  The cards were also so nice!  Thank you to everyone who sent me a card!  You are the best!!  It was just what I needed!  We taught a lot of lessons on Tuesday.  We taught tithing, and our little grandma calculated her tithing that she'll start to pay after baptism.  We also visited a little family with the cutest kids.  Their daughter is 5, and she just talks up a storm.  She was doing the splits for us and showing us all her cool gymnastics moves.  I love her!  

On Wednesday we taught a 14 year old boy about prayer.  And it was really good.  And we visited our investigator in the hospital.  She's not too sick, but it was good to visit and bring her some juice and cookies.  She called her sister that night and told her that it just made her so happy that we came! :)  We also had institute.  After institute we met with a family and talked about families.  We challenged them to strengthen their marriage and write letters to each other.  We asked them how they show love to each other and how they can be better.  It was a really cute lesson!  I love being a missionary!

We only taught 3 lessons on Thursday because we also had mutual and had district meeting.  I'll be teaching the lesson in district meeting next week.  It should be fun!  And I have to do it in Mongolian this time.  Ahhh!!

Friday was good.  We did our weekly plan and then taught and visited people.  At the end of the day, we went to a ward member's house, and they were celebrating a birthday!  We ate watermelon and apples and meat and cake!  No Mongolian meal can be considered a meal without meat.  And the fruit is such a treat! :)  I loved Friday!

Saturday was so awesome!  Two sisters came from UB to check on the work and just to help us out.  They left this morning.  THeir visit was short, but it was jam packed with exactly what I needed to help me.  We picked them up and had pancakes for breakfast and just talked.  It was so good!  Then, we had a branch activity at the river.  We had a Mini Olympics, and it was a great success.  Lots of people came.  The weather was beautiful, and people really got to know each other.  The games were 3 legged races, sack races, and other team games.  After the games we went home and studied.  During companionship study, we all sat down and talked about how we could better help the people and make a bigger difference.  It helped me really think about all of the little things and making sure my purpose is clear.  And we are on the right track!  So that's a relief! :)

Yesterday was maybe the best day of my mission so far.  We had church, and it was really good.  I was Sister Wilkins' companion for the day, and it felt just like old times! :)  She had me plan our lessons and she added some really good insights during the study time.  For one of the lesson plans, I couldn't really decide the direction I wanted to take.  During personal study, I found 3 stories in the Book of Mormon that could work, but I just couldn't decide.  Then she said, "Well, let's pray about it and you can choose one story and that's what we'll go with unless the Spirit directs otherwise."  I prayed and picked a story.  Then we went out and taught.  And we talked about everything, and she gave me some great advice.  She told me to get over my fear of looking dumb and just talk!  She had me do most of the talking.  Like when we walked into the gers, I had to start all the conversations and everything.  And I did it!  I spoke in Mongolian!  And people understood me, and I felt so connected to the people.  I felt my love grow for them in a matter of minutes.  And then I directed the lessons.  I asked for opening and closing prayers.  I asked questions.  And when I didn't understand, I said, "I don't understand" instead of just waiting for the lesson to be over and asking later what happened.  I felt connected!  And it felt so good!  I also felt the Spirit working through me.  I felt like God was telling me what to say instead of me just reading a script I wrote.  And the Spirit was strong.  And I was bold and told people things I would have never asked or said if I was coming up with the sentences.  I felt directed by the Spirit.  I felt like a missionary.  At the end of the day, Sister Wilkins told me how much I've grown.  And then we talked a lot about my stresses.  And she gave me such good advice.  I feel like my burdens have been lifted as I have relied more on the Savior.  And I feel so much relief as I remember that this is not my work.  This is God's work.  And I'm just so blessed to be a part of it.

This morning, we woke up and hiked a little mountain (it took about 10 minutes to hike) and then the Sisters had to leave for the airport.  I already miss them, but I just feel so good!  I feel like I'm ready to work harder and help more people.  I feel better about getting out of my comfort zone because I'm here doing what I'm doing because I love the Lord.  And that's what matters most.  

I love you all! Thank you for your prayers and love!

Love,
Sister Bottorff


Birthday presents from home!

I love goodies!

I love birthday hugs

My missionary trainer came to visit

Mischa and the Bear

0 comments:

Post a Comment