Thursday, August 18, 2016

Week 33 - Making progress!

Hey everyone!  

I'm beginning my final full week in Hovd!  And I can't believe it! 

Last week was really good!  We had a nice and relaxed P-Day (preparation day for grocery shopping, laundry, and relaxing) after emailing last week.  And then we had FHE with our investigator and her family.  We shared a scripture and brought cinnamon rolls to share.  It was so good.  They love cinnamon rolls here, not that I blame them!  

On Tuesday we checked people on our ward list.  It was great fun, as always!  Then we had a crazy busy day meeting with 5 investigators.  It's amazing I can remember words to say at every lesson.  The Spirit is real!  And it's amazing to see that I can actually contribute.  It may not be perfectly said or something beautiful, but I can add something to every lesson! :)  

Wednesday was awesome!  We had a zone training, and I got to see Sister Wilkins AND Sister Hansen over Skype.  Sister Wilkins did a really good training on obedience, and Sister Hansen and I were put in the same group.  I'm pretty sure that wasn't an accident. Thank you, Sister Wilkins! :) The training was really good.  We talked a lot about obedience.  It's a choice that's just as easy as disobedience.  I love that concept!  Then we visited a grandma who turned out to be sick - we told her we loved her!  Then we had institute and visited our investigator family again.  It's always a party there!  There's so much activity and life there.  I love their house!

Thursday we taught another investigator and then had a district meeting.  There's a new senior couple (married couple missionaries) here!  We LOVE senior couples!!!  They were at the district meeting, and it was so good!  We talked about the things we learned at the zone training and also about how to make our lessons better.  We had mutual after that with the youth.  My companion talked about missionary work and the schedule and what we do every day.  The youth seemed to really like it! :)  Then we taught our two cute little grandmas their last lessons before their baptismal interviews!  They are so ready, and I'm amazed with the changes I've seen in both of them.  They are amazing.  And I count my blessings every day that I get to be even a small part of their lives.  

On Friday we planned and then did service for a member family in our ward.  They live on the grounds of a kindergarten and the husband is the security guard.  They are starting school on the 1st and there were a lots of weeds on the playground.  So we helped them pull weeds.  It was so much fun!  I love doing any kind of service!  The member felt badly that we were out there pulling her weeds, but we were so happy!! haha  We taught our investigator family again about families after service.  

Saturday we went over to our investigator's house because she had her baptismal interview and she felt nervous and wanted to go over the questions again. She's so cute!!  Then we took her to the interview and picked up our other grandma on the way over.  Both of them PASSED!! I love them both so much!!  And I'm so excited for them to be baptized!!  They have such great faith!  We met with another investigator after the interviews and then met with a member grandma.  We talked about Jesus Christ.  And we set up a time to come back next week and help her around her yard.  After that we checked more addresses.  There is a street we just couldn't find no matter what we did.  Ger districts can be like that..

Yesterday we had church, and I played piano for the primary.  Next Sunday they'll sing for the whole congregation! I'm so excited!!  After church we met with a less active person and 2 investigator families before checking addresses.  At one of the investigator's houses they fed us the best watermelon I've had in my whole life.  And I talked to them!  Like small talk!! And I made them laugh!  I haven't been brave enough to try joking because just getting out simple phrases is hard enough.  But I said something and they thought it was funny!  I don't even know what I said because I was just so amazed that I could actually be funny (besides having them literally laugh at me..haha)!!! It was a great moment!  Then we checked addresses after that, and we found the street we needed!  It was a miracle!  

Today we are headed to the lake!  We are so excited!  I can't believe I have less than 2 weeks in Hovd.  I have come to truly love the people here.  I will miss them.  But this week is going to be amazing!  We have some baptisms on Saturday and lots to do before then.  

Thank you for your love and support!  I couldn't be a missionary without it!! 

Love,

Sister Bottorff


Goats, goats, and more goats!

How can they sleep when so crowded?

Hood's walk of fame :)

Dinner with my companion - yum!

Still enjoying birthday treats!

0 comments:

Post a Comment