Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week 41 - Halfway!

But how?? What??? Ahh!!

I'm halfway now!  Weird.  But it's been good!  Life is good!  On Monday we went to the State Department Store (just a fancy mall) with Sister Olsen and Sister Bollwinkel.  Good times - we ate Cinnabon and bought souvenirs.  Well Sister Olsen and Sister Bollwinkel did. Haha  Afterward, we went to a family home evening with a cute little family in our ward.  They are adorable.  I love them!  We ate chocolate and talked about prophets.  I love FHE!

On Tuesday we taught English all day.  The students are pretty fun.  I love talking to them.  I asked them where they are from, and one responded with, "Mongolia."  He was being kinda funny about it.  So I dropped my jaw and was like, "WHAT?? REALLY??" Everyone was laughing so hard.  I just love laughing!  It's the best!  

Wednesday was fun because we made huushuur with an investigator.  She was a cook before she retired, so her food was amazing.  And I got better at pinching the dough so that it looks pretty!  She kept complimenting me, and it boosted my confidence, especially considering other people have given up on my huushuur making skills in the past because I was SO BAD.  Anyway, that was super fun!  And then we taught English in the afternoon.  The students are so fun!  There was a freshman conference thing, so the lab was empty after about an hour.  Not bad!  They seem to love the lab!  

On Thursday we planned for the week and then saw a less active lady who is really amazing.  She had a great meeting with us and then we went to a district meeting.  The day just flew by, but not much else happened.  We made chicken nuggets for lunch and that tasted so good! :)  

Friday we did service.  I thought it would just be some regular cleaning, so we wore skirts.  But we ended up scrubbing floors and picking weeds and hauling stuff around.  Oops.  Sister Guild was right....we should have worn pants.  My bad...  But the service went well! And we helped a new sister in our ward, so that was great!  After service, we taught our investigator about scripture study. I love the scriptures!!  And the evening was topped off with a visit to a new member girl and talking about the plan of salvation - my favorite!! I love being a missionary!

On Saturday and Sunday we had General Conference!  All the missionaries got together and watched.  It was amazing.  We had a pot luck yesterday with all sorts of fun American food.  Life is good.  I'm doing well.  I ate cookies from Sister Harper.  And an elder brought Mac-and-Cheese.  So don't worry about me!  No weird sheep insides this week!  I'm so spoiled! :)  

I love you all! Thank you for your support the last 9 months! Here's to 9 more! :)  


Sister Bottorff


Making huushuur...


I love life!


I love my companion - and ice cream!


And Sister Hanson!


Did I mention - I love life!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment