Thursday, October 27, 2016

Week 43 - It's getting cold

Hey! 

It's been another fun week here in Mongolia!  I ate at Burger King on Monday.  Don't judge me for going there again....I was with Sister Olsen so it was her fault :)  We also went to the big black market and looked at coats.  We are going again today because it was so stressful trying to pick out a coat that will be good.  Sometimes bargain shopping is stressful, but we had fun!  We taught a family home evening lesson last week, and it went really well.  We talked about the Atonement.  Going into the lesson we were feeling a little self-conscious about our Mongolian.  We wondered if our investigator really KNEW we loved her, but we weren't sure how we could show her or let her know with the language barrier.  As we were leaving, she said, "Thank you so much.  I love having you in my home. I love you.  You have such a special spirit with you."  It was such a miracle!  I love my investigators, and Heavenly Father is so good to me.  He makes up the difference.  And love is not a language you need to speak words to convey.  

On Tuesday we taught English.  No update yet on the boy and his date.  But he still has until tomorrow to report.  Maybe I'll be nice and give him another week :)  Other than that, nothing especially fun happened.  But I really do like English.  

Wednesday we waited for an appointment because we got there earlier than expected.  We ended up playing with this super cute boy who thought he was a super hero.  The only problem was that he pretended we were the bad guys. So I got punched by a 4 year old more than once!  But then we had some great meetings.  I love the people here!  We made dinner with a sister, too.  She is really outgoing and funny, and she taught me to properly cut cabbage.  It must be shredded instead of cut into squares.  I learned, though, and now I'm a pro at shredding cabbage!

On Thursday we taught a really great sister in the ward.  She gave us these cookies that I LOVE, so that was a plus!  All of our lessons start with us walking in and the people giving us a bowl with different breads and a cup of hot water or something like that.  And this time she opened up a package of my favorite cookies.  I was a happy camper.  

Friday we taught two less active members who actually ended up coming to church yesterday!  I love it when that happens!  They looked so happy there! :)  We also got to teach an investigator who got a job a few weeks ago and has been too busy to teach.  Miracles happen every day!!  She is doing well.  She is super busy, but it was so good to see her! :)

We stayed busy on Saturday with a district meeting and visiting members and new members.  I ate some good food, taught some lessons, and began the wearing of the face mask.  The air is getting polluted.  This is my life now.  

Yesterday was also good.  Church was good and afterward we made chicken nuggets.  It's my new favorite meal to make.  And then we met with a cute little family.  They are really fun!  

This week will be really adventurous!  It's TRANSFERS!  And there's a sisters’ activity on Saturday that the sister missionaries will all get to attend!  I'm so excited!  I'll probably stay busy eating ice cream, too.  Cuz that makes me happy!  I'm really doing what makes me happy!  

I love you all!


Sister Bottorff


I love the children...


and beautiful families...

and my companion and fun food...

but not face masks. We have to wear them a lot now that it's cold.


0 comments:

Post a Comment