Thursday, October 20, 2016

Week 42 flew by!

I keep saying I can't believe it's been another week, but REALLY!!! I can't believe it's been another week!  This week FLEW!!  

Monday was a day of rest!! We ate burger king!! And donuts!! We found a little donut shop and they tasted pretty good!! I can't remember if they taste like Dunkin Donuts or not.  That's a problem I keep facing...never remembering what America is really like.  But anyway....we wanted to go to a museum, but it turns out all the museums are closed on Mondays.  So that was a bummer.  But we walked around the main square and walked inside the big Blue Sky hotel for the first time.  We made an excuse to walk in and look around by needing to ask about a restaurant.  It was amazing inside.  I loved it!  Then we did family home evening with a really cute family in the ward.  We taught about service and drew pictures of ourselves serving.  Sorry I didn't take any pictures of that!

On Tuesday I taught English.  It's a full 8 hours, but it honestly goes by pretty fast.  The students are great!  And we have fun little conversations.  And some people ask really funny things like, "Can you tell me about gangsters in America??"  And I just look at them like..."sorry Do I look like I know anything about that???" haha

On Wednesday we went to the church to get a new missionary planner for me.  They cover 6 weeks, and I can't believe it's been another 6 weeks since I started one.  The time really flies here!!  Then we planned for the week and met with some of our members.  It was a great evening!

On Thursday we had a district meeting and that is always fun.  And then we went out and tried to meet with people.  Our last meeting of the day was awesome because we met with a new member and ended up meeting with their friends, too!  They are a great family who loved learning to pray for the first time.

Friday was another English day.  We had another full day.  And it was pretty fast.  We are becoming good friends with the cute lady in the cafeteria!  And the students are still as fun as ever.  I made a boy promise he would take a girl on a date in the next two weeks.  He's never been on a date, and about 5 girls in his group that night haven't either.  So I made him promise, and he'll report back.  I love my job!  haha

On Saturday we met with a less active and then had a really great zone training.  We talked about helping the people more and teaching them thoroughly.  I loved it!  And Sister White brought cookies! :)  Then, we met with a girl for the first time.  She is really interested.  She says she doesn't know much about Christ, so she's really excited.  And so am I!!  

Yesterday was church and meetings and it was good.  I'm understanding more like a solid 25% now, which is an improvement!  We also got to meet with a really nice member last night, and it went really well.  

The week totally flew by.  I can't believe it's Monday again and that transfers is in a week and a half! Who knows what this one will bring!  I am excited for this week and all that will happen!  Life is good!  I love you all!


Sister Bottorff


Really cool wall art

A visit with Chinggis Khan - a man of few words

Did I mention that I love donuts?

The lady by a lake

On our way to visit people - good times!

0 comments:

Post a Comment