Friday, November 18, 2016

Week 46 - Frozen cheeks and warm hearts

I'm wondering where all my time is going!  It's been another week but it feels like a few days.  It's been a great week!  Last Tuesday my companion got sick, so I got some stuff done around the house.  I hate to admit that my journal is not where I want it to be, so I caught up on entries.  It was fun to sit down and remember the good times and the miracles and record them.  I'm still working on catching up.  But it was awesome!  I also got a package!  And I couldn't contain myself. All the taco seasoning and the shirts and cake mixes were too much! Thanks mom and dad!!

Wednesday and Friday were English days.  So we stayed busy and I continued being a mime while talking in a language nobody understands.  It's always an adventure.  I try to mix things up, and I talked about how the immune system is like Chinggis Khan defending Mongolia.  The students thought it was so funny!  And it was fun for me, too.  

Thursday was weekly plan and a zone training.  It was really good.  We talked about the importance of working with the members.  They have talents and abilities and backgrounds that can help us teach and to bring others to Christ.  I love the members in Mongolia!  They are amazing!  They are so strong and humble and willing to help!

On Saturday I about died of happiness.  Well, after getting my flu shot I about died of happiness.  We made up our p-day hours and got fabric for my companion.  We went down to Unur, my first area, and our new member helped us.  I loved every second!  I loved being with her!!!  She is doing so well, and she's basically the best!  Then, we went to another investigator's house in Unur to drop off some material.  Well, the daughter got baptized right after I went to Hovd, and now others in her family are interested in the Gospel.  I loved seeing them again!  It's been since June, and I'm so excited I got to see them!  I felt like I was at home again.  

Sunday was a great day of church.  And there was a blizzard.  And it was awesome!  It's definitely getting colder now.  My cheeks hurt a little when I'm out, but I heard it was only -11 yesterday morning, so it's hardly cold enough to be called "cold."  

Yesterday we had a super fun lunch with some of the sisters.  Sister Anriunzaya got her visa, so we had lunch yesterday and she left this morning.  She's so ready!  She'll be so great!  I'm so excited for her!  Watch out, San Francisco!!  We also got to go to a ward member's house.  It was so fun!  We shared a scripture about how the Lord leads us.  And it's so true.  God is in charge.  He leads us through all things if we just turn to Him. I have seen that daily on my mission.  And just because I'm a missionary doesn't mean the blessings of guidance are only for missionaries.  I love the Gospel!  God loves us all equally and just wants to bless us.  He pours out blessings, too.  Then last night Sister Jensen and Sister Brezenski came over and we had a birthday dinner and cake for Sister Brezenski!  It was a blast! 

Today we are headed off to see the big statue of Chinggis Khan!  Should be fun!  being a missionary is the best thing I've ever done.  It's been so easy to love people.  I never thought I could love this way.  I want only the best for these people, and I am learning more and more about how God loves us.  I love the Mongolian people.  And I love Mongolia!  Even with a frozen face.  But the things that matter most to us require sacrifice.  I'm sacrificing a defrosted face.  And it's only a small price to pay for this amazing work.  I love my life!  And I love you all! Thank you for your support and love!

Sister Bottorff


Chillin' with my companion over a pizza

Just chillin' with my companion

No defrosters for the bus windows

It really is beautiful after a snow

A beautiful family in there ger

Happy Birthday, Sister Brezenski!

Yay for cake mixes and other goodies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment