Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Week 47 - Great times and wonderful people!

I can't believe it!!  The time is going faster and faster as my companion prepares to leave in only 2ish weeks!  There's lots to buy and do and people to visit!  Our to-do list is long and so fun!  This week will be packed again.  But it's such a blast!  

So on Tuesday, we went to the huge Chinggis Khan statue just out of the city limits.  It was a total blast!  I'll send pictures!  We dressed up in Mongolian clothes, checked out the museum downstairs, and walked around the property.  We brought snacks with us and ate cookies all day.  (Sorry mom! I'll be healthier this week.)  And while it was slightly colder than a normal winter Colorado day, it was so beautiful and fun to get out to the countryside again!  I love the rolling hills of Mongolia!  And they were all snow covered, so I was basically in a painting.  

Wednesday was super fun because we taught an 8 year old girl.  Her mom is a member and wants us to teach her the missionary lessons before she gets baptized.  She is so sharp and fun and adorable.  It's going to be so much fun to teach her.  Then we met with our investigator and worked on preparing her for baptism.  I'm so excited!  We have some great things happening in the Bayanzurkh ward! :)

On Thursday we planned and had a super fun evening because we visited a family that I love!  The mom was my investigator in Hovd and I about died of joy when I found out she moved into my ward!  And her cute daughter recently returned from her mission, so we had a super awesome time together talking and getting to know each other.  We shared a scripture about how Christ leads our lives.  I have seen that every day.  When I look for it, God is there with me and helping me make decisions.  I can't go wrong following, even though it may seem to make no sense.  Instead of doubting, I can just have faith that God is in charge and through His infinite wisdom He will lead me, no matter how unconventional the path may seem to me, to the best outcome.  I love the Gospel! 

Friday was my English day.  Funny story time!  I asked if anyone had any allergies and someone said, "YES!"  I asked what she was allergic to and she said, "The sun."  I asked some questions and it turns out that when she is in the heat of the day for 2-3 hours her skin has an allergic reaction that causes her skin to bubble and turn red.  I tried not to laugh and tell her that she was just getting sun burned.  Instead I told her I had the same allergy!  What are the chances??   After English, we went to the top of the Blue Sky Hotel to check out the view!  We weren't there long, but we made friends with a worker and the view was incredible.  We just spent a minute or two just in awe of the traffic and snow and the vastness of the city.  I feel that when I fly, too.  I just love taking a second to slow down and watch everything from above.  It makes me feel so happy!  And then we had dinner at a cute little restaurant with really super delicious milk shakes.  I have asked everyone and their mom about where to go, and it turns out Millies is the place to go!  I love their shakes!  I'll be back. 

Friday night started a string of craziness.  We didn't realize it until later, but we forgot to text that we had gotten home (oops) and found out when we remembered to text, that our phone got locked.  Like we couldn't use it.  So we borrowed the phone from our super nice neighbor and worked everything out.  We left first thing Saturday morning and hung out with the Sister Training Leaders (STLs).  They made sure we were safe and not phone-less.  But the phone place was closed Saturday and Sunday.  So we were with them all day Saturday and Sunday. It was really super fun, though! :)  We had Pizza Hut and they took such good care of us! :)  

Sunday was awesome!  We spoke in the long distance branch!  And I wasn't even cold on my way to church, despite the temperature dropping to -35!  Yay!  The cold is settling in early this winter.  But my clothes are awesome and warm!  The branch is so cute!  And I can't express how good it was to hear the sacrament prayers in English again.  And I spoke about studying scriptures.  I suggested choosing a specific time and keeping a study journal and applying what they read.  I do that and it works! :)  Then we had regular church and then dinner with the Sutphins!  I love them!  They made a SUPER delicious horse meat meatloaf.  And cookies for dessert!  They spoiled us big-time! :)  

On Monday, Sister Rue and I got to teach at her Kindergarten together.  And I basically died because the kids were so cute.  They spoke such good English and I can't even describe how precious they are.  Then we got the phone fixed and everything went so smoothly!  Life is good!  We are trying to stay warm!  I feel so warm when I'm outside but then when I take my gloves off to make a phone call, I realize that it's actually super cold.  And my cheeks get red.  When we walk inside, I feel like I have to defrost my face.  But it's all good.  I love my mission, and these are just the fun little details of my everyday life! :)  

This week is going to be crazy again, but I love it!  And Thanksgiving is upon us and I am feeling incredibly grateful! What is better than a life of family and friends and love and joy?  Even through the trials, because of Jesus Christ, I feel the love and joy and support from loved ones as I work.  I love my mission!

Love,

Sister Bottorff


Us on a bus!

The bus (where is everyone else?)

This is an enormous statue!

The view from the top

What's a blog post without some wildlife?

With wonderful little children...

With wonderful big kids!

0 comments:

Post a Comment