Thursday, November 3, 2016

Week 44 - The winds of change...

Well some changes happened, but life is still so good!  

On Monday I bought my big winter coat and boots.  That was fun.  And I think I got what I needed - thank goodness!  Then we ate pizza and had a super cute family home evening with a member and her kids.  So basically Monday was great!  It ended with beautiful snow and no wind, so as I was walking home, I counted that as one of my blessings!  

Tuesday was teaching English all day.  And then Sister Guild's investigator from her old ward got baptized, so we got to go!  We finished English just in time to eat at Burger King and go to the baptism.  It was so funny because they asked me to lead the music.  After the sister got baptized and was changing into dry clothes, I conducted hymns until she changed.  Let's just say my arm got a really good workout that night.  Haha  But it was so fun to see everyone and witness such a miracle!  Baptisms are amazing!  That night, we found out about transfers!  I found out I'd be with Sister de Ruyter, who came to visit me in Hovd!  So that was great news!  I was sad not to be with Sister Guild anymore, but Sister Guild and I went home and had ice cream to drown our sorrows! :)

On Wednesday we visited people that Sister Guild wanted to say goodbye to.  It was really fun to go around and teach lessons and spend my last day with her in service.  We love our people!  

On Thursday I was with my old companion, Sister Munkhgerel, who, because of a long string of events, ended up needing a companion and so did I!  So we visited a girl that she taught when she served in my ward a few months ago!  I loved it!  That afternoon I was with a different Mongolian sister who served in my ward.  We visited a sister in the ward together and then were companions for the night.  It was a crazy day with 3 companions, but I had a blast!  

Friday we moved Sister de Ruyter into my apartment!  And helped others move, too!  It was a crazy busy day!  But there isn't really more to say about it - haha.  Sorry!  

Saturday was amazing because we had a Sisters’ Conference with all the sisters in the mission.  We all got together and shared our testimonies.  President Harper spoke about how our minds are like gardens.  We need to prune them and get the weeds out.  Otherwise bad thoughts will come in and take over, leaving us so sad.  So that was really good!  We got to socialize and eat French Dip sandwiches for lunch.  I was in heaven.  Then, we went home and had a huge weekly planning session where I told Sister R about all the people in our ward.  

Yesterday was so good because church was really good.  I actually understood a fair amount, and Sister R translated and I was in heaven! :)  We taught our investigator last night, and the Spirit was so strong.  We actually talked about feeling the Spirit.  And it was so good!  She is progressing, and I hope she can get baptized soon.  I love her, and she knows it's true.  

I love the Gospel!  It eases burdens and makes people happy.  I have seen it work in my life and in the lives of countless others, even in the past 9 months alone.  I love you all and hope you are well!

Love, 
Sister Bottorff


Walking and working with Sister Guild

I even found time to do my civic duty :)

I love Mongolia...

And lunch with Sister Monkhgerel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment