Thursday, June 1, 2017

Week 74 - School's out!

Well, what can I say?  Life is still great!  My mission continues to be an adventure!  It hasn't gotten dull!  Last week, the statue was the most exciting part.  Chinggis is still big and stainless steel.  He's pretty nice.  And the vultures and eagles we held were also big and nice.  Nobody was injured, but the vulture weighed a million pounds. And you have to hold him with your arm out straight.  So my arm was sore the next few days.  Perhaps I should work out better in the mornings.  Oh well. 

Other exciting things included a fun dance party.  A girl in our ward learned a Mongolian dance, and she had us over and taught it to us.  We were supposed to do it with an investigator, too, but she had finals.  But we had a blast.  I'm not that good at dancing, but our teacher was great, and we had a blast.  I officially can check off my mission goal of learning a Mongolian dance!  

I went on a split with Sister Peterson.  She came to our ward, and we met with our cute family and our wonderful grandma.  She's a great missionary.  And we made a chocolate cake together - and ate most of it.  But don't worry, I saved some for the grandma and my companion.

I also had a split with Sister Weaver in Unur for a day.  Unfortunately, there was literally NOBODY who could meet with us, but it felt good to be back in my homeland.  Sister Weaver bought me my favorite cookies, and we made cinnamon rolls together.  I am on a baking kick.  And I have no regrets.  The cinnamon rolls might have been the best I've made so far.  

On another note, school's out for the summer!  I had my last day there.  It was sad to leave, but the students are in good hands.  Sister TD will make them all fluent in English by the time she leaves next summer.  What would we do without Sister TD?  :)  To celebrate, we got milkshakes!  Don't worry, we also eat vegetables sometimes, too! :)

Life is fun.  And so great!  I miss you all, but I'm being taken care of here.  My companion is super fun to have around, and we have a party every day.  I've also enjoyed teaching and loving the people of the Tuul ward.  I’m in the best ward!  The people are so kind and willing to serve and give.  I'm so grateful!  


I love you all!

Sarah



Another meeting with Chiggis Khan

No little old lady lives in this shoe...

We don't have Jeeps this large at home

How relaxing...

What an awesome bird!

0 comments:

Post a Comment