Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Week 77 - I'm a grandma!

What a week!  We went to the most lovely cultural show last pday!  It was complete with a contortionist and throat singers and dancers and a FULL orchestra that included every traditional Mongolian instrument.  Like a clarinet shaped as a ram horn.  And beautiful instruments I can't even describe because I'm not exactly sure what they looked like.  Sister Olsen and Sister Shreeve joined us, and right before the show, Sister Shreeve got a call announcing that she would be training a new sister missionary!  Since I trained her, it feels like my daughter is having a daughter!  And I'm so excited!  Glad I got to be with her in that moment! :)  The show was amazing.  And we topped it off with gelato on the city square afterward.  The perfect night.  
Our sweet grandma was coming down her apartment stairs as we were going to visit her.  She linked arms with us and swept us away.  We can't really understand each other, so we simply followed her lead.  And she led us to a government health office where she walked in and was a celebrity!  Everyone called her name with such love and kindness. And they gifted her a brand new cane!  She was so excited!  Everyone was taking her picture and beaming with excitement.  We all walked home together.  Sister TD held the cane.  Why use a cane when you have 2 sister missionaries?? :)  She's a smart one.
Monday night was transfer calls.  Sister TD left me and I am staying in Tuul.  That makes a total of 5 areas on my mission!  My new companion is Sister Austin!  She's really great.  She's my 9th and final companion.   Looks like I have a clean run of practically perfect companions!  I'm so blessed!  Sister Austin is fun and works hard and is so kind and happy!  So basically, I'm happy!  
It was hard to say goodbye to Sister TD.  I won't say if we shed tears or not as we said our final goodbye prayer together before leaving the house. But even if we did, we got bingsu (Korean shaved ice) on the way to transfer on Wednesday because there would be no other way to end a perfect 2 transfers.  She'll do great in her new ward, though.  I have no doubt.
Since transfers, we have had some really great experiences.  One being that we were referred to a new investigator!  She is so prepared!  How did this come to be?  Well, let me tell you.  Two elders were walking down the street in another area when the young woman’s dad stopped them and said she would be coming to school in Utah in August, and that she wanted to learn more about Mormons.  So, we got the referral and met with her yesterday.  She is lovely in every way.  And so receptive to the Spirit.  Miracles happen.  Every day.  There's no way I could ever question that fact.  
Another miracle?  I have one!  We cleaned the church on Saturday and who showed up to clean other than the FIRST Mongolian I met in the MTC!  She's home from her mission in Utah, and she met my family while she was serving at temple square.  Coincidences don't happen! :)  And also a sweet sister missionary I met when I got to UB who was waiting for her visa also returned home and went to an appointment with us!  She remembered my name when she saw me in the church one day, and I couldn't believe it!  My name is hard for people!  And we met like twice!  But it's no surprise, really, because she's basically the best.  I love Mongolian people.  I think I annoy my companion sometimes because I say SO often that the people here melt my heart.  But I promise that every time I say it, I MEAN IT!  I love my people!  I love my mission!  And I'm feeling like I'm on top of the world!
Love you!

Sister Bottorff

Gelato makes a hot, sunny day really cool!

Three generations of sisters - me, my daughters, and a grand daughter :)

No wonder cashmere is so soft...

I just loved this sight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment