Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Week 61 - Tsagaan Sar begins this week!

Well this week has flown by, and I can't believe it's Tsagaan Sar already!  Last P-Day we went to the State Department Store and got some cool things to take home and Cinnabon!  I love the State Department Store.  I also got a new hat for Tsagaan Sar! 

Wednesday was super busy.  We went to visit a less active family, but they weren't home, so we just took some fun pictures in their ger district.  We met with another investigator later that day and taught her about the priesthood.  It was a really good discussion about how God allows us to have a portion of His power to do His will.  People are blessed every day by the priesthood, and I'm so grateful for it in my life.  We made a delicious chicken nugget dinner - we whipped up a ranch dressing packet, and dipped our nuggets in ranch.  Heaven.  And I was happy! :)

On Thursday we participated in a zone conference.  I had to do a presentation with Sister Bollwinkel about studying effectively.  We had everyone draw pictures of their favorite scripture story so that they could visualize the stories better.  I loved seeing everyone's pictures.  Some were ready to be put in the Ensign magazine and others were...really.....nice! :) We feasted on French Dip sandwiches.  Let me tell you, I'm eating just fine!  Good thing since this week I'll eat buuz nonstop. We had a really spiritual lesson that night, though!  We talked with an investigator about tithing and fast offerings and how, through paying, she and others will be blessed.  She loved that all of the money goes to charitable causes.  Nobody in the church accepts the money as a salary or anything like that.  Tithing helps clothe the naked and feed the hungry; it provides eyeglasses, and wheelchairs, and vaccinations, and disaster relief to those who need it.  And through tithing, she will also be blessed and find a better sense of gratitude in her own life.  

On Friday we explored the area so that I could learn it better.  The weather is getting nicer, so we had to go out and enjoy it!  I didn't wear a hat or gloves!  So basically it's probably somewhere in the 20s! haha  We also went to see some of the sisters in our zone.  One was sick, so we got to be the relief society!  We made them food and shopped for them and made them cookies and it was so happy!  That night, we met up with some other sisters and did a split! 

I got to be with Sister Brezenski, and we basically just had a really fun party!  We talked a lot about her area and how to help her people!  We talked a lot and put together a really good map of her area.  Before our split finished, we visited a cute grandma in my area who cried when we were leaving.  She held my hand and put it on her heart.  She begged us not to go.  And it broke my heart when we walked out the door.  But we will go back today, don't worry! :)  Sister Brezenski and I met up with our companions at my house and had dinner all together before they went back home.  Ranch chicken and brownie sundaes for dessert.  Heaven again.  

Yesterday we had a broadcast, and the Tsagaan Sar holiday officially began.  It's all about the lunar calendar, and Sunday was the last day of the lunar year.  So all family members get together.  Just families.  So we got together with 2 American families in our ward and had our own party! :) They made ribs and tacos.  This was, hands down, the BEST meal I've had in over a year.  It felt like America.  I was so happy!  We talked and made friends with the cute kids and partied!  I'm so grateful for every experience I get to have! They are all so special to me!

This morning we got up and welcomed the sun on the first day of the new lunar year!  We put on our deels, hiked a mountain, and joined hundreds in yelling what sounds like "ohhh hiiii" to the sun as it peeked over the mountain.  We flicked milk with spoons, too.  I'm not sure why, but it was fun to do!  And people were so impressed with our clothes and preparedness.  

This week is going to be so fun!  We are packing down the coke and yogurt and fruits to withstand the buuz and potato salad.  I'm so excited!  We made a goal to eat no more than 4 buuz at each house.  But tomorrow we plan to meet 6 families.  I can. I can do it.  I'm sure I can.  Through Christ I can do ALL things.  Even eating lots of buuz.  I'll have a count next week.  Wish me luck!  Love you!

Sister Bottorff  



 
Gathering on a hilltop to welcome the sun...

Here comes the sun!

Flicking milk at the sun

I love our deals and hats!

Inspirational messages are everywhere!

And occasional random grafitti

I'm not sure what this object represents, but it's cool!

0 comments:

Post a Comment