Friday, March 10, 2017

Week 62 - The Story of the Buuz Coma and How Coke became my best friend

Hi everyone!  

I lived to tell the tale of Tsagaan Sar.  Tuesday I questioned it a little, but I lived and I feel great now! Once upon a time I ate only 33 buuz.  Much better than Sister Nelson's 108, if you ask me!  The goal was to eat the least amount of buuz, and while I'm not sure I came in first place, I'd say I did a good job!  I've given myself a pat on the back.  And my body is thanking me.  My goals this week included:

Have fun
Take pictures.
Yogurt.
Fruit.
Cola.
No using the outdoor squatter potties.
Look Mongolian.
Feel Mongolian.
BE Mongolian.  

I can proudly say I achieved ALL of my goals this week.  (That doesn't always happen since sometimes I set a goal to floss and it always slips my mind. Oops.)  But this week was special!  

Day one was what wrecked me.  We went to 3 houses, and by the end, I thought I'd thow up. And I had only eaten 9 buuz.  I think they had bad meat or something.  It was terrible.  Day one...1 Point buuz 0 Sarah.

Day two I woke up really weak and sick but I pressed forward.  That was half the dumbest thing ever and half I had no choice.  I went to Unur and had to see everyone!  And it was totally worth it!  I drank Coke.  Lots.  And I know that's not like me, but I had no choice.  It saved me.  I walked a little slower than normal, but without the Coke I wouldn't have been walking at all!  The member in Unur was so fun!  I had one buuz there and called it quits.  But we had a blast!  And they sat and greeted us traditionally!  They sat down and then we walked up and put our arms under theirs and kiss each cheek and say "Are you resting? Are you starting your new year well?"  It's so happy! :)  We also made it over to another house before going to my new member's house!  She is doing so well!  She made my deel (dress) and was so excited to see me in it!  We had 6 sisters and we all played a funny card game.  The losers had to get coal ashes on their faces.  It was hilarious!  By the time I got to her house I felt much better and ate 5 buuz!  And had a coke afterward.  Yay!  I'd say Day two...1 Point Buuz 1 Point Sarah.

The last day we visited the stake president who, oddly enough, doesn't like buuz. So we had swordfish!  I'm in love with swordfish.  It was a refreshing break from buuz and all the tsagaan sar goodies.  But then we went over and visited someone that Sister Bollwinkel works with at her school!  We had a blast with her and the 10 kids that were over at her house from the school!  Our last stop was my new member grandma from Baynzurkh!  We went over with Sister Hansen and Sister Shreeve and Munkhgerel and her companion who were in our area for a meeting!  It was SO. MUCH. FUN.  We all sang together and caught up.  Good times! :)  I love my new member.  She is the new hymn book passer outer, and she is so excited!  She comes to church 30 minutes early to do her calling.  I love it! :)  Day 3...0 Buuz 1 Sarah! :)

Thursday we had leadership training and ate waffles.  The training was good, too! :)  Then we visited a little girl in the hospital who is doing really well!  She is so sweet and happy, despite the fact that she is in the hospital.  Munkhgerel stayed with us, and it was a blast!  I have missed her, and it was so fun to catch up and sing and make cinnamon rolls and play games!  

The rest of the time was pretty much back to normal.  Teaching and meetings and fun and ice cream and face masks and good food.  We are pretty well recovered by now thanks to the veggies we prepared and ate and the Cola.  My best friend.  Thank you, Coca-Cola, for making my life bearable and livable!  I couldn't have done it without you! :)

I'd say that it's been a full and fun week!  I've been full and had fun!  I love my mission!  I'm so spoiled to be in an amazing place with amazing people who inspire me to be better.  I don't know how I've been so blessed!
I love you all!  Have a great week!

Sister Bottorff


Look, Ma, no hoods!


Dinner with Munkhgerel - what fun!

A unique front desk

Buuz!

What a sweet sister!

Walking with my companion

Playing a game - look at the intensity!

Who's got spots??


 Walking through our area

0 comments:

Post a Comment