Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Week 64 - One by One

This week I found a new song on the LDS youth website called One by One and I'm obsessed with it.  You can find it on this page and get obsessed with it too!


It's about how we all need to take care of God's children individually.  We all are so different and go through different trials, "so the only way to help them and lift them up is one by one."  That's so true.  And as I continue my mission I find that message to be more and more true and more and more real.  God knows us each one by one and He takes care of us that way.  You might ask how He took care of me and others this week?  Allow me to expound…

Tuesday He took care of me by letting me get a manicure and pedicure last P-Day.  He knows and loves the individual and spoils us with our favorite things! :)  He also answered my prayers that night at a member's house when I brought up a topic and they answered my prayer perfectly about how I can help someone in particular.

He also helped me overcome an overdose in food.  Sometimes that happens at dinner appointments.  But He helped me, so it's all good! 
He helped me help my investigators this week, too.  We read from the Book of Mormon with one of them.  She reads in faith but doesn't always understand.  We picked up where she left off, and it was a perfect lesson on faith and how God knows us and will answer our prayers.  

I got the opportunity to also help some sisters in my zone who were sick.  I packed a bag of Lipton soup (thanks mom!) and we got to go to their aid.  And it was so fun!  Now nobody is sick! But it was cool to be a part of helping someone in need!  

We went out to dinner on Friday to the coolest restaurant.  It has little gers set up and you can sit in a ger and eat!  There is even a river that goes through the restaurant.  And we wore green to celebrate our Irish heritage.  

Saturday was really the highlight of the week.  My 2 investigators were baptized!  The baptism was flawless.  The musical number was perfect and my investigators started their new life.  They were so excited!  And it made me consider even more how God cares for us individually.  The two people who were baptized are from different families and have had different stories leading up to that moment.  One is a mother of 4 who has been investigating the Church for 3 years.  The other is 19 and has lots of family members who are Church members who supported her on her journey.  But they were taught and baptized individually.  I hadn't thought of that before.  But Heavenly Father cares so much about the individual that He has them make covenants with Him individually.  I also saw, at their baptism, signs of their individual growth and journey towards knowing Christ better.  Their relationships with Him are so personal and different.  And it's been such a blessing to have been able to see their relationships with God improve and deepen.  I got to see it so closely as I met with each of them many times and invited them to make changes in their lives so they could know Him better.  And through that, I, too, got to know Him better.  

So I'd say my week was successful and fun.  I'm so sad to see Sister Bollwinkel leave me, but she's off to new adventures!  And I'll just have to continue the ice cream and cookie runs with my new companion.  I hope you had a great week and saw God's hand in your individual lives.  I know I did!  

Love you all!


Sister Bottorff   



 
Up with the chickens!

It's the little things that make a difference

Yummy dinner in a ger

Wearin' the green in a ger for dinner

A river runs through it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment