Sunday, March 19, 2017

Week 63 - Hard Rock, doing the splits, and many blessings!

So I know I've said that time has been flying my entire mission, but this transfer has gone particularly fast.  I'm not sure why, but I can't believe transfer calls come out in a week.  It's been packed to the brim and so fun!  

Tuesday we went to the Hard Rock Cafe with Sister Olsen and Sister Lichtenberg.  We had shakes and made friends with the super nice hostess.  She took great care of us!  The nachos and the mac-and-cheese were so good.  We had a great lesson that night with our 19-year-old investigator, Namuun.  She is pretty much the cutest person ever.  She is patient with our Mongolian, and we always laugh really hard when we are together.  Her extended family is all church members, so we have the lessons at her relative's house. And her niece is adorable.  I love her.  The niece only speaks English, and it's so funny.  She said our names are too hard, so she calls me Butterfly and my companion Star.  It's always a good time!  

Wednesday we had a split with the sisters from Unur.  I went back to Unur and helped Sister Wilcox learn the area a little better.  We also celebrated women's day by getting our companions flowers!  Women's day is a really fun holiday here because the grandmas wear their traditional clothing with the medals of honor they've received, and everyone passes and says, "Happy Women's Day"!  It made me feel good!  We had a super good dinner with the Sisters before sending them off and welcoming in the sisters from Songino for their split.

The split with Songino was also super fun!  I went out with Sister Austin, and we met with some people in my area.  I learned a lot from Sister Austin.  She is so patient and kind and fun to be around.  She is such a good example to me.  It was a pretty stress free day!  And we even dropped off a Snickers bar to our investigator who got baptized this weekend.  

Friday we had school.  Sometimes people don't come.  And then when they do they beg to leave.  So they drew a thing on the board begging us to let them go and then they concluded it with (Shrek's sad cat face).  I pictured the cat from the movie and laughed and gave them an A+ for creativity.  Haha High school is fun!  

Saturday we had a stake relief society birthday party to celebrate 175 years of relief society!  It was a blast!  They had a talent show and so many fun people came! I got to see old friends from old wards! :)  Then our 15 year old investigator got baptized!  The font was freezing, so for the 2 hours leading up to the baptism, we boiled water on the stove and in water boilers and in the microwave.  It didn't make much of a difference, but hopefully it was better than it could have been...But the baptism was so happy! So many people came!  And it made me so happy to see our investigator so happy!  I love these moments!  

Yesterday we counted our blessings.  There were so many.  While English was a little crazy, we got cookies and enjoyed.  And we talked to a lady while we were walking around who studied and lived in Ireland!  She was so cute and happy!  And we also got shakes afterward at a deli by our house.  And we visited a sister in our ward last minute because our appointment fell through.  We brought her cookies and she invited us in and we had a really delicious meal together.  I also shared a scripture that seemed to be just right for them at the time.  I'm amazed that when things don't work out my way they seem to work out the RIGHT way. God's in charge.  

I love you all!  


Sister Bottorff



 
A mission can't be ALL work, right?

The snow - it's melting...

What snow??

I love the wall art...

More wall art...

Even more...

And even more!

How did she do that with her hair?

My apartment building

0 comments:

Post a Comment